Well in a corporate world, A person who is very hard working/intelligent thinks that if he leave the compnay then compmnay will face problems but In reality nothing happen and compnay move. But at the same time there is some down fall compnay can face but next person will take over after some time and again things will be on track. so I agree if Sachin leave nothing will happen.
But important thing you, me & other lot of people are analysing entire issue in a wrong manner. first of all you can not compare ponting with sachin. for Aus it is easy to select team from country’s 1000 players at this time. India has restriction of 17 players at this point. All 6 matches india played so far are batting second where condition is more suitable to bowlers. In case of Ponting he played all 6 matches, batting first, no pressure situation and still could not reach double digit. even all the matches he played after WC, he has not done anything. He is constantly failing. Important thing, Do we have any other option at this point? NO. Now you will say give chance to youngster, without giving chance to them how you know. well you know rohit/raina both are with team, played almost all the matches and none of them score even 50!. all the people are talking about sachin retire/seniors etc. and no one is taling failure of young kid. why ? when you expect sachin should score 100 in almost each game why you don’t expect one 50 from others? I know india can not depend on him forever but at the same time you also ask result from others? why we don’t say that hey this youngster is failing so lets give chance to others kids? Manoj Tiwari who made 100 in his last game did not get a chance. and now I don’t think he will get chance to play in remaining matches too. Why? He should get chance ahead of Rohit/Raina/Jadeja. If Sachin would have retired after WC then we all must have given opinion at this time, that lets bring sachin back for 1-2 more years!!! Why India did not explore other option during two T20 played against AUS? Same sehvag/gambhir is opening for india. India should have tried different option at that time. Even Kohil started his Int career as a opener. So there are lot of things require to do and those are the things are should highlight but instead of that all are behind sachin.
I follow your tweets/blog regularly and you wrote very good subject all the time. But I do not agree with your IPL opinion. I hope you will read this.
1. You all are praising very much of KOHIL (some what he deserver too) and says its IPL product. But If you remove his last centurey where is he? Didn’t you see the way he was playing ? Gambhir – You already mention. For your information do you have any single batsman who came from IPL and establish himself? Raina/Yuvraj is best flop example (here I am talking about purely test cricket only).
2. Pujara – is not product of IPL , he is the product of Ranji / Domestic and whatever chance he go he did fentastic job. He got only three test match and he peoform as a match winner. Due to injury (in IPL) he was out of team now. your IPL product Kohil got ‘n’ no. of chance to play one day (He perform also) and then got a chance to play test match and even though he was flop first 3 test match he got a chance to play fourth test. Just compare him with pujara (who did not get more chance to play internation but still looks much much better than Kohil). The point is Ranji is much better than IPL.
3. Rehane – he is not IPL product he is Ranji products but still did not get a chance to play. If IPL would not have there then he must have got chance first then Kohil/Murali Vijay. Vijay got a chance in all three format but flop because he was somewhat IPL product.
4. What will you say about bowlers? Do we have any good bowler who came from IPL and won the match. I know you will say about Aswin. but I am talking about fast bowler. U. Yadav he has not done any thing good in IPL he is in the team because of his ranji performace. Even after 4 IPL we did not find any good bowler at all.
5. Earlier board allow our players to go and play county matches but now because of IPL, board do not allow them to play county matches or other domestic matches. Board want their players should be fit to play IPL. Sehvag/Gambhi already hide their injury to play IPL and you know after that what happen.
6. In IPL other players comes here and play and gain knowledge but our player don’t play outside and don’t get any kind of knowledge.
I agree with IPL lot of players got good secure future but don’t you think BCCI/selector should make a rule that while selecting players they won’t consider IPL at all? Today players know if we hit in IPL we will get a chance in Indian team. Y. Pathan is another best example. so net is either remove IPL or do not consider IPL performace while selecting internation team.